Friday, January 30, 2009

Air Meow.

Dearest Samantha,
I'm sure you got the text about my original blog idea, but thanks to the kind people at Wikipedia, I decided not to write on the topic... Guilt, nothing but guilt. Anyway, instead I wanted to write about the large flux of dog movies out in theaters and DVD lately. I know your roommate/my sorority sister Britney is probably stoked about it since I know she's all about the Beethoven dog movies (just kidding Britney, on the off chance that you're reading this) but I feel like all these movies are a little much. It started with Marley and Me, which seemed like a cute idea and I guess I wanted Jennifer Aniston to get back into the movie scene again... but then Hotel for Dogs came out... Camilla Grey from the band Uh Huh Her said it was a cute movie that made her cry, but then Space Buddies came out. WTF Samantha... WTF? Where's the love for the cats? I'm getting kind of sick of the Air Bud franchise... it's up there in my hit list of annoyances next to The Land Before Time series, which is only on the list because dinosaurs scare me, especially those of the singing cutesy nature. Call me a cynic, but isn't the talking golden retriever movie idea a little played out? Maybe it's just my Comcast, but every commercial break, there's a Space Buddies commercial with puppies going to moon or something and saying hip different cute phrases about things and crap. Maybe it's just me though, I get bothered by realistic animals talking.


Anyway Sam, here are a few movies you should check on Netflix if you're into Air Bud:


Check your local listings.
Sincerely,
Karla-Josephine Bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment