Sunday, February 1, 2009

KARLA-
I love transportation. I love it so much. I love the act of travel more than anywhere I could possibly be going and more than anyone I could be going to see. That's awful, but it's so true. I love moving scenery and moving people. In headphones and a black coat I slink onto your public transportation of choice with almost only one intention- watching you...judging you. This weekend was no exception. I went to San Jose on the CalTrain. I was visiting a couple of friends, a couple of best friends, one I hadn't seen in at least six months. It was great.
My trip on Saturday has almost completely left my mind. Nothing incredibly exciting happened, though. I'm assuming that means that nothing that great happened. Nothing that great ever happens, but that doesn't make any trip any less great.
I just got back a couple of hours ago, though. You mentioned a blog, I figured what the fuck.
I got onto the train and made my way to the seats on the second level. I find it hard to believe that there are people that don't sit on the top when they can. It blows my mind. Not only is it stairs on a train (great,) it's such a great place to watch people. So I sat myself down and did a preliminary look around. I guess the guy in the seat parallel to mine was doing the same thing, because we looked in each others direction at the same time, then we both went back to looking out the window. He was wearing a plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up in the best kind of way and cowboy boots. I don't understand and I don't understand and I don't understand, but for some reason it worked. It was great. He had a canvas backpack, the kind that kind of makes a person look like a vagrant, and I don't know if you know how I feel about vagrants, but I love them. It goes with that whole writer thing. Maybe he wanders around with his backpack (which was filled with another plaid shirt) and crashes on peoples couches writing poetry and thinking. I have issues, but that's beside the point. So I put my feet up on the chair across from mine and read until I realized that I didn't feel like it, and then proceeded to sit there. That's when I got to see that chick dance. I watched her get progressively more in to her music.

SOMEDAY I WILL FINISH THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment